Functionality of Window Treatments
Benefits of Window treatments
Every minute of the day and night, heat or air conditioning escapes through your home's windows via tiny cracks, holes and ill-fitting frames that have become warped and shrunk over time. As a result, homeowners must pay energy bills that are higher than they should be.
When you can't afford to install new windows, implementing a particular window treatment can prevent valuable heat or air conditioning from slipping through compromised windows and lower your heating and cooling costs throughout the year. There are many different kinds of window treatments that provide a ton of energy saving functionality.
- Exterior window shutters--made of wood, fiberglass, aluminum or vinyl, exterior window shutters not only provide a decorative components to a home but also limit the amount of heat and cold from accessing windows and entering the home
- Solar or insulating shades--as a complete window covering, solar shades contain special materials that are glare and UV ray/heat resistant. Available in different levels of shading, solar shades prevents hot sunlight from entering a home but allows sufficient amounts of illumination to pass through so that lights do not need be on. During winter months, drawing solar shades at night will keep heat from escaping through windows
- Reflective Shades--these shades are white on one side and black on the other side in order to absorb heat (black) and reflect heat (white). The only problem with these shades is that they need to be down all the time to be effective
- Solar Screens--these screens shade windows from hot sunlight, preventing UV penetration that can cause your home to be uncomfortably hot. Consistently streaming sunlight will also fade furniture fabric and carpet areas where direct sunlight happens to fall.
- Honeycomb shades--by providing air pocket shells within the polyester fabric from which these shades are made, honeycomb shades insulate the home in winter and repel strong sunlight in the summer. In addition, honeycomb shades effectively filter the right amount of illumination for maximum energy efficiency.
By implementing window treatments, you can potentially save hundreds of dollars in energy bills every year! For more information on the functionality of window treatments and how they can work with your lifestyle visit American Carpet One today in Honolulu, HI or give us a call at 888-746-1657.